Way to Eternity
- Did you know it is possible to know whether you have everlasting life? Did you know that, according to the Bible, if you repent of your sins (feel regret or remorse for them) and receive Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior, you will be saved from eternal punishment in Hell when you die?
- Don’t you think that is wonderful news?
- Would you jump at the opportunity to accept a genuine offer on how to gain eternal life? If so, the Bible has some good news for you. When it comes to eternal life, God makes no distinction between the famous and the unknown, the rich and the poor, the unselfish hero and the repentant murderer.
- It is not for us to know the hearts of others. But there is an indication that Death Row murderer Karla Faye Tucker gave her life to Christ before she was executed in February 1998. God has made a way for sinners to escape from eternal damnation in hell.
- How to be born again
- How do people become “saved” and “born again” Christians? How can you receive eternal life so that you will be sure to go to be with God when you die? A widely distributed Christian tract says the following is what the Bible requires.
- Admit that you are a sinner.
The Bible says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
- Know that God has already provided for your salvation.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son [Jesus Christ] that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
- Know that you cannot save yourself.
“Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to his mercy he saved us” Titus 3:5; “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesian 2:8-9
- Repent of your sins.
“Except ye repent ye shall all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3).
- Ask Jesus Christ to save you.
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:13) and “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” (Acts 16:31).
- Confess your sins before Jesus Christ.
“If thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness: and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Romans 10:9, 10).You can be joyously “saved” and “born again” and receive eternal life right NOW, as millions of people worldwide have, when you receive Jesus Christ as your Savior. Born-again Christians overwhelmingly look at their salvation as the most exciting event in their lives.
Can you genuinely say a prayer like the following? If you are sincere, God will immediately save you and give you everlasting life.
- Admit that you are a sinner.
- A guide to what to pray:
- “Dear Father in Heaven, I realize that I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins [wrongdoings]. I am confessing my sins, I now ask Jesus Christ to come into my heart and I receive Him into my life as my personal Savior. I am willing, by God’s grace, to trust and obey Christ as the Lord of my life. Please forgive me for my sins and save me” Amen.
- What next?
- Would you like to show your faith in Jesus right now? Start by letting someone (another Christian) know you are saved. (Let us at Bethel Deaf Ministries know too, of course; or even just let us know if you are not sure whether anyone close to you is a born-again Christian. Drop us a message.
- Get a Bible and read it every day to get to know Jesus Christ better.
- Talk to God in prayer every day.
- Tell others about Christ.
- Join a Bible-believing church and get baptized. Worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church that truly believes the Bible and where Christ is preached.
As a born-again Christian you will now miss out on the terror of what the Bible describes as the alternative to spending eternity in Heaven — the everlasting fiery torment of Hell.