Who we are
Bethel Deaf Ministries (BDM) is a non-profit Christian mission that focuses on the fulfilling the Great Commission of our Lord into the lost world emphasizing evangelism. Many deaf people in African countries are underprivileged and marginalized in the society because of their deafness. There are more than 53 countries in the continent of Africa. BDM strives to serve in both spiritual and physical needs. I pray and desire that God would use you to be part of the ministry of BDM and support its mission by praying and donating. Thank you for taking time to visit our website.
What we believe
- We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the Bible, “as it is in truth, the Word of God…” (1 Thessalonians 2:13). We believe in verbal, plenary inspiration in the original writings, and God’s preservation of His pure words to every generation (2 Timothy 3:16, Psalms 12:6-8). The Masoretic Text of the Old Testament and the Received Text of the New Testament (Textus Receptus) are those texts of the original languages we accept and use; the King James Version of the Bible is the English version we accept and use. The Bible is our sole authority for faith and practice. Furthermore, we believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired and infallible, authoritative Word of God and that God gave the words of Scripture by inspiration without error in the original autographs.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27), not evolution, but fell into sin and therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can man’s salvation and spiritual life be obtained. We believe that theory of evolution is not a science fact at all; it is a man made philosophy.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of the lost.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to lead a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto a resurrection of life and the lost unto a resurrection of damnation.
- We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church in its present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means for man’s salvation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of those who trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. And that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man’s work.
- We believe in the autonomy of the local church. The Church shall manage its own affairs and shall not be subject to any other religious body or synod.
- We believe in a regenerated church membership: that is, persons old enough to understand their need for Jesus Christ and, of their own free will, accepted Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe the Scriptures teach that every believer should be separated unto God from the worldly practice and, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, should walk in Christian Love and holiness, exhibiting qualities of honesty, integrity, forgiveness, and loving-kindness.
- We believe the Scriptures teach that the believer should be separated from apostasy as exemplified in ecclesiastical organizations which include radicals, liberals, and those who sanction theological compromise. This is based upon God’s eternal principle of division between truth and error and His specific command to be separate from unbelievers and disobedient brethren. This truth is to be practiced with an attitude of devotion to God, humility, compassion, and yet with conviction, to create the proper condition and atmosphere for the main objective, the salvation of the lost through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We believe ecumenical evangelism which involves apostates violates the principle taught in God’s Word. We take a separatist stand regarding the current trends that lead to discrediting the Bible and undermining the fundamentals of the faith. These trends include Calvinism, Neo-Orthodoxy, Neo-Evangelicalism, Ecumenical Movement, and etc.
- We believe that God created two sexes, male and female, and that the Bible defines a marriage as one man joined to one woman, thus becoming one until the death of the man or the woman. We further believe that homosexuality is an abomination to God and a scourge to any society. The Bible additionally condemns cross-dressing and effeminacy. Being “Gay” or “Lesbian” is not a lifestyle. It is a sin. A person is not born a homosexual, but rather becomes one by giving into the perverseness that is in his or her heart. Furthermore, we hold that we are to loathe this sin as God does, however we are to love those sinners who practice this sin and try to reach them for Christ.